A bustling seaside resort has grown up around the distillery in the two centuries, since it was first built in the fishing town of Oban. The West Highland malt is still produced in the same unhurried, traditional fashion. Unquestionably, this 14 year old is a classic dram from the distillery.
Oban 14 is rich and smokey on the nose. The medicinal notes are quite evident with notes of the sea, seaweed, tarry ropes. Besides, hints of cut hay and wood smoke are rising with a gentle estery sweetness come out. Moreover, the palate is thick and full, notes of citrus with smooth sweetness. And the smoke wafts with notes of seaweed, oak is quite rich with grist and cereal and malt. At the end, the finish is of good length with fruit and dry oak.
Awards for Oban 14
- Master – Highlands & Islands 13-18yo – 2015 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2013 – IWSC
- Gold Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Island – 2013 – IWSC
- Silver Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2014 – IWSC
- Gold – Scotch Single Malt – Highland – 2017 – IWSC
- Gold – Single Malt Scotch – 13 to 19 Yrs – 2013 – San Francisco World Spirits Competition