Glenfiddich 19 Madeira
Glenfiddich 19 Madeira is one of the three bottles from the Age of Discovery Series. It is a rich 19-year-old single malt matured in oak casks previously used to age fine Madeira wine. This has created an earthy, distinctive whisky with a full-bodied yet fairly young character.
Nose: A deep earthy aroma of sweet ripe figs and orange marmalade with bright notes of fresh gooseberries and grapes.
Palate: Rich and spicy, cinnamon and crushed black pepper rest on a base of deep earthy notes, caramelised fruits, crystallized ginger, raisins and hints of dry oak.
Finish: Pleasingly dry with a warmth that fades into a lingering sweet marmalade finish.
Overall: Smooth and satisfying, this is an interesting whisky that wears its Madeira cask maturation on its sleeve.
Awards for Glenfiddich 19 Madeira
- Gold Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2018 – International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Master – Speyside Single Malts 19-30yo – 2015 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2014 – International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver – Speyside Single Malt 13 to 20 Years – 2014 – World Whiskies Awards
- Gold – Speyside Single Malt 19-25yo – 2014 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold – Speyside Single Malt 19-25yo – 2013 – The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2017 – International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver – Distillers’ Single Malts between 13 and 20 years old – 2014 – International Spirits Challenge
- Silver Outstanding – Scotch Single Malt – Speyside – 2013 – International Wine & Spirit Competition
What some of our whisky enthusiast friends have said about Glenfiddich 19 Madeira
Quote 1 “Glenfiddich 19 Maderia has a very smooth texture with depth i highly recommend this whiskey. I drank with a friend I have not seen in years and it opened another level of comfort and dimension in our conversation. Loved it.”
Quote 2 “I usually enjoy the Glenfiddich 15 year old as I find it hard to beat for the combination of value/quality. However, I also have to say that this 19 year old Madeira finish is perhaps my favorite Glenfiddich product I have tasted to date! Wonderfully smooth, full of character, with nice hints of spice! If it were a bit less expensive, say around the 18 year old’s price + 10%, it would be my first choice for the evening sip. As it is it is still a nice indulgence for special occasions or special friends.”
Quote 3 “A splendid and very enjoyable whisky. It caresses the senses with a multitude of subtle tastes and a beautiful aroma.”