Bushmills Black Bush
Bushmills Black Bush is a take on the traditoinal Bushmills blend, with a lot of sherry cask matured whiskey in there. Despite the NAS on this product it’s common knowledge that Black Bush is a blend of whiskies ranging from 8 years to 11 years old, aged in Olosso Sherry Casks. The whiskey is lightened in body with a small blend of matured grain whiskey.
The only thing that surprises us is that Bushmills Black Bush isn’t the anchor product from Bushmills.
Nose: Baked apples and spicy malt. A pleasingly mature character to it.
Palate: Big bodied, slightly oily, with nutmeg and red wine. Sophisticated and assured.
Finish: Notably long, drying with dark syrup and liquorice notes.
Awards for Bushmills Black Bush
- Silver – Irish Whiskey – 2014 – Wizards of Whisky Awards
- Silver Outstanding – Irish Whiskey – Blended – 2014 – IWSC
- Gold Outstanding – Irish Whiskey – Blended – 2013 – IWSC
- Silver – Irish Blended – Premium – 2014 – The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding – Irish Whiskey – Blended – 2013 – IWSC
- Master – Irish Blended – Premium – 2013 – The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver – Blended Malted Irish Whiskey – 2013 – San Francisco World Spirits Competition