Bunnahabhain 18 Year Old
A rich mahogany Single Malt Scotch Whisky, this is one of the Bunnahabhain family favourites. It is intensely warming; with dried fruit, sherry, toffee and spices leading to a delicious honeyed nuttiness and the slightest hint of sea salt.
Awards for Bunnahabhain 18
- Gold Outstanding-Scotch Single Malt – Islay – 2017-International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Master-Islay 13-18 years old – 2015 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold-Islay 13-18 years old – 2018 The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Gold-Scotch Single Malt – Islay – 2017 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Gold-Islay Single Malt 13 to 20 Years – 2015 World Whiskies Awards
Colour: Rich mahogany gold.
Nose: Salted caramel leading to sticky toffee pudding sprinkled with nutmeg. With time a leathery quality emerges.
Palate: Dense, rich sherried notes perked up with a coastal saltiness. On a second wave roast chestnuts emerge and gentle wood spice.
Finish: Woodspice becomes mixed spice. The finish is warming and lengthy; salt and sherry towards the very end.
Overall: Bunnahabhain without chill-filtration is dense and oily and shows off its sherried credentials with ease.